Sunday, January 15, 2012

Reanne'cipes

Shhh- dont tell anyone I gave you this!
I'll give you 3 guesses what's on the stove for dinner.
Simon and Garfunkel Soup-

Everyone that knows me, knows that I can't bake. It's not that I don't have an oven or that I don't have recipes. What I don't have is patience to measure things. Everyone also knows that I make AMAZING SOUP! Well here you have it- the secret to most of my prized soups. I call it the S&G spice collection.
No matter what kind of soup I make I tend to add the same spices to it. Turkey soup? S&G. Vegetable soup? S&G. Potato Leek soup? S&G. In fact I have also used it in Pea Soup, Chowder and Beef Stew. Now you are curious aren't you what the mysterious ingredients are for the S&G Spice collection right? I know some of you have to have caught on by now and are already humming a bar or two of Scarborough Faire. Parsley-Sage-Rosemary and Thyme.
Ok, so I also add garlic, salt, black pepper and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Sometimes I add sugar or bay leaves if its a tomato base soup. Ill add celery seed if Im out of celery, onion powder when we are out of onions and we all love Old Bay when looking for that extra kick. But for the most part my soup stock always contains the S&G Spice collection. I don't even have to measure it because if I accidently put too much of anything in I can add water. It never comes out wrong and I can just throw them all in while boiling a carcass for broth. It never fails and it always works. Well except for Chili- I don't put them in Chili.... That would be rather disgusting. Trust me- it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment